car insurance cancelled or is it?

dimitrious

Feb 4, 2013
if you apply for car insurance and don't disclose 1 non fault accident and they cancel the insurance after 5 day's dose this count as a cancelled insurance?

we recently had a accident and when asked buy the company providing the courtesy car, i wanted to be honest so told my wife to tell them she had a insurance cancelled as they said she did not disclosed a non fault accident, as a result they refused her a courtesy car.

now im wondering did i do wrong thing saying to the courtesy car insurance that she had her insurance cancelled in the past as it may not even be the case it was only running a few days before they said that its cancelled because of non disclosure of a accident.

maybe i have got it all wrong any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Regards dimitious

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
I think it will count as cancelled insurance as when you apply they usually ask for all accidents whether its a third party fault or not.

The only way you could get round this is by not volunteering the information unless the question is asked directly.

dimitrious

Feb 4, 2013
i will try keep this short.

i am fully comp but was driving my wife's car when i was involved in a accident which meant i would only have 3rd party cover.

the accident is pending still but looks like a non fault accident so my insurance passed it to a company to arrange a courtesy car, they asked me for all my details but then i explained my d/licence was on my wife's address as i was in the proces of moving there as we just got married they said i cant get the courtesy car but will try under my wifes name as it was her car.

when they asked her did she ever have insurance cancelled i told her be honest so she told them and they said they cant help us.

a few months back her car insurance renewal was due she got a quote and wentfor it unfortunately she forgot 1 non fault accident and 5 days sent her a letter saying it had been cancelled and they would not be able to insure her.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
The 3rd party cover would be provided by your insurer, not yours wifes therefore her accident shouldn't be relevant, try again getting a courtesy car in your name, if you have to provide proof of address, they should expect soemthing other than your licence if you're in the process of moving.

dimitrious

Feb 4, 2013
That right it is under my insurance and only covered 3rd party as i was driving another car.
The reson they refused me the courtesy car was when they said is your driving licence under your home address i said no its under my wifes address as i was in the proces of moving there as we just got maried and the day of the accident was the day i came back from my honeymoon.