Dfs query. Any advise welcomed.

sanny

Feb 4, 2013
Hi all, this is my first ever post on this forum so please forgive me if i've put it in the wrong place or anything.

I placed an order with dfs last week. Signed contract.

On the same day, dfs and i also arranged for someone from their company to come to my home to measure the access space as i told them i'm a little unsure whether my chosen sofa will fit. They are due to come tomorrow.

My question is: If they say that my chosen sofa, the one stated on the paperwork wont fit, will i be entitled to ask for a refund of my deposit (over £300) or will they be allowed to offer some other option?

Ideally i would like a refund as since i've placed my order, i've heard/read nothing but horror stories regarding dfs. Surely they cant claim that the order is custom made as i wouldnt have thought they would send the order through until we know whether it will actually fit through the door or not.

I'd be grateful for any feedback/advise.i feel so worried about the whole thing.my stomach feels knotted with worry.

Thank you. Sanny

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
It may have been wiser to wait until the access was measured before signing anything or paying your deposit, they may offer you a replacement that will fit or they may do the decent thing and give you the money back, it all depends on what the contract says but if you cancel they can only keep their actual losses from the cancelled contract and they have to define what those losses are

sanny

Feb 4, 2013
Re: Dfs query. Any advise welcomed. update

Just to quickly update. the dfs measuring guys came today, they didnt even need to get their tape measure out! they looked at the access and said that my chosen sofa's will not fit.

I rang the store after an hour, advised them of the access problem and I requesteda refund. they put me through to 3 different people but in the end they said they will cancel order and refund monies paid. they said this can take up to 21 days.

I am very happy that things have worked out this way but there's something in me that still doesnt trust them. should i send a letter to head office to advise of the cancellation? or should i now just wait for up to 21 days to see if the refund comes through? Thanks for your help.

sanny