Picture Messaging

miket2

Feb 7, 2013
I was surprised to be charged by Vodafone for "picture messaging", in addition to a monthly contract charge of £36, with a new iPhone5. Nobody at point of sale told me that this was an "exceptional item" and I certainly did not query it, thinking it an everyday - and therefore standard - function. Vodafone basically told me to read the T&Cs more closely but I feel misled. Any views or advice, please?

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
I'm afraid not, if it was in the T&C's they'll have pretty much covered it, only if they told you it was included then turned out not to be would you have a case against them, sorry the news isn't better but I haven't used them in 10 years since they conned me too.

Lee_Vodafone

May 9, 2012
Hi miket2,

It's a shame to hear of your dissatisfaction here.

Had you asked about our picture messaging pricing at the point of sale I'm confident that you would've been correctly advised that we charge £0.37 (inc. VAT) per picture message.

We do of course offer a bundle at £2.50 (inc. VAT) per month with provides a monthly allowance of 100 picture messages.

If you'd like us to get this added to your account you're welcome to email me with a contact number only at eforum.web@help.vodafone.co.uk quoting the code WRT135 - Fao Lee in the subject line.

Please note that you'll need to replace the parts of the email address in italics with the appropriate punctuation.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Last edited by a moderator: