mobile phone insurance

leeannelaura

Feb 8, 2013
I recently lost my phone and contacted the insurance company.

I first phoned on Wednesday 30th January, 2013 at 17:52, which went to a machine informing me that the opening times are Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm. So I waited to the following morning to phone.

I Rang first thing on Thursday 31st January, 2013 at 09:14 to report that my I phone 5 was lost, the individual on the phone asked me for my policy reference number and when I give it to them they told me it was too long, they informed me to contact o2 to get my phone barred and to contact the police for a reference.which i did straight away after numerous phone calls over the passed few days my claim has been denied due to my service provider not being contacted within 12 hrs as part of there t&c.

i have appealed the decision based on the fact that i never received any documentation from the company regarding policy or t&c s which was confirmed today on the phone with the company because i requested the information on January 2nd and it was never sent out .

any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated
thank you

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
They can't tell you to phone them within 12 huors when their office isn't open 24 hours a day.

Put a complaint in to the Financial Ombudsman as they cover insurance

Financial Ombudsman Service

You are supposed to go through the companies complaints procedure first but if you have appealed and they still refused your claim, that sounds to me like their final response.

You can download the FOS form from the above link

It appears that mobile phone insurance is a total waste of money judging by the amount of complaints we hear.