Dreams, reality vs Showroom

rjm2k

Feb 18, 2013
We were recently bought a Wentwood Oak Bedstead from Dreams as a wedding present. We had seen the bed in various showrooms, they were good quality with a nice finish and made from solid Oak. My Mother also purchased a smaller version of the same bed last year, again good quality, good finish, solid materials.

Our bed has now arrived and they have substantially changed the materials used in its manufacture, instead of solid Oak they are now using MDF covered with very thin splintering veneers, the finish is now totally different, it's basically a totally different bed to what is in the showroom, what has previously been delivered and what is shown on the website. Unfortunatly, before I twigged what they had done and realised my memory wasn't just fading and that the showroom and previous orders were indeed far superior in quality, I got rid of the boxes as we didn't have room to keep them.

Are they allowed to make such significant changes to the product that the showroom examples no longer reflect reality? Are they entitled to refuse return because we don't have the boxes?

Thanks