Dial Direct

Debbie

Feb 21, 2013
Staffs
Had reason to take insurance with this company.....what a huge mistake!!
Avoid like the plague and this may be applicable to a lot of insurers;

1. Change of address fee = Kerching £30 please!! (moved house)
2. Policy cancellation fee = Kerching £70 please!! (car sold)

the policy was only for £180!! Rip off scam artists who insist you mail policy documents back or no refund of insurance owing. The fact they only issue policy documents via email in the first place takes the cake!!
Before we moved abroad (now back in UK) my husband used to bill in return for the same amounts, for example, if they wanted us to mail back their documents we would charge £70 and ask them to whom we should address our invoice to, whether right or wrong a lot of company's soon waived their fees. I would like more info from the forum on the legality of reverse billing for time and services? Anybody else do this? As we have been out of the country for 10 years just would like to check.

I love google street view to see where a company you are dealing with are located and their premises. Looks like these cowboys work out of a lock up! When asked for company information or who owned them, if anybody, (to ensure they never get my business again) again they were clueless.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
You can charge what you like to read and reply to letters but you must give them prior notice, I've done it in the past and although I have never been paid the fee, their fee has been dropped too as in your case.

They should be registered with the Financial Services Authority, you can check on the FSA website. Insurers don't have an option so if they're not on there, they're not legal.

Also convered by the Financial Ombudsman Service if you wish to log a complaint but unfortunately, those fees are probably acceptable even though they are extortionate.

Debbie

Feb 21, 2013
Staffs
Thanks for the feedback, whilst I will make no complaint, and i reluctantly have accepted the charges I have found that they are a member of BISL Ltd and with glee they will receive no business from me and hopefully from people on here.

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Just to chirp in - I watched a video recently on youtube, and it had regards to your 'right to travel' as per some convention or something, this was a freeman I.e does not consent to Act, but common law only.
The vehicle he was driving he had uninsured, de-taxed, no MOT and even sent his driving license back to DVLA as these things are required by Acts - not law.

The police wanted him to step out of the vehicle, he charged then £10,000 for his exit out of vehicle, wrote up a contract with the big cheese of the force.
If I can find a link, ill post it.

I may start charging for my advice here, what you reckon Witch? ;) :p

tdk9751

Sep 2, 2013
**** WARNING - DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY DIAL DIRECT****

I had the misfortune to do my house insurance with the June 2012.

I cancelled it within 2 weeks as I wasn't happy about the 'free' accident insurance included - I went elsewhere.

They then insured me this year, 2013 without my agreement. Tried to charge me for a cancelled Direct Debit, for not sending back their Consumer Credit Agreement & then having acknowledged that the policy was cancelled tried to hit me with a cancellation charge the total of which was nearly the amount of the policy!!!!!!

They followed this up with threats of debt-collectors, Court action etc.
It was only when I complained to the Ombudsman did they back off but at no time did they accept they were in the wrong.

This Company are a bunch of cowboys - their activities are borderline illegal & certainly immoral & completely unethical.
Will try & find which comparison site which referred me.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noranbo

Nov 18, 2014
Horrific Company

I purchased the home insurance and paid extra for my two laptops to be fully insured about 8 months ago... I decided to take a look at my account online and found that they did not include my laptops in their insurance... even though I paid for the extra service.
So I gave them a call to be told I should have read their terms and conditions more thoroughly and that I would have to pay for what I had already paid for!
They then placed the blame on money supermarket, stating that they did not provide them with the correct details. They are money grabbing scammers and I would not recommend them to my worst enemy. They then proceeded to call me a liar and told me I would not be entitled to a refund.
I am writing this on behalf of my disabled family member.
Steer clear at all costs. I will be taking action further as I have evidence.

AGJ

Apr 26, 2016
Just cancelled my insurance with Dial Direct as I have sold my vehicle. Can you believe a £75 cancellation fee! For what?? Absolute criminal behavior and there should be some regulation to prevent this happening. STAY AWAY from this company.