Facts about the Credit Crunch

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
With all the hullaballoo about the credit crunch going on at the moment, I found this article a rather nice, and eyebrow raising, summary of what has actually happened so far.

Money Central - Times Online - WBLG: Ten mind-boggling statistics from the credit crunch

I think it nicely puts into context the amount of money that has been gifted to the banks to bail them out and as a result, sickens me a little when you consider that it is because of their folly, we are seeing companies like Woolworths, Whittards and Co go to the wall...

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
It is wrong that in the same city streets where these banks have their headquarters there are young and vulnerable sleeping rough - Give homeless young people a future — Centrepoint These big institutions do give to charities, but corporate and personal donations are down and many charities are struggling too - no hand outs for them either...

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
Indeed Tony,

It seems there are plenty of other uses that this money could have been put to and it is a little sickening to think that while these banks are gifted a lifeline through these times, so many people and business far more deserving of our support are being given the cold shoulder.

Great post I thought, sometimes it is good to put everything that is happening in a real life context. It highlights the folly of what we do sometimes.