johno

johno

Dec 21, 2008
hello I am Johno,
First time on this site. I am very interested in Consumer Law.
I am looking forward to being part of a dependable friendly group.
I find it difficult to use the site, mainly because i do not grasp some PC words, such as "thread". Therefore I wonder if I am doing the right thing.
How do I ask a question ? I want to know the law on returning an item when it is a "Buy one get one free" do you return both items, are there complications ?
Also, can I do a course on Consumer Law without the inclusion of Law in general.
I am very interested in studying Consumer Law with a qualification at the end of it.
Thanks
Johno

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hey Johno,

Welcome to the forum, interesting questions regarding the buy-one-get-one free offers or BOGOFS as the retailers call them. I am pretty sure they have that covered and you would have to return both - worth a try in Tesco with the no quibbles quarantee.

In terms of consumer law courses the best bet might be a professional diploma, such as this one: Graduate Diploma in Trading Standards

Most universities will let you do single modules and give you a certificate at the end

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
Hiya Johno,

You could do a lot worse to read the guides provided on the site about all aspects of consumers rights and laws. I've gleaned a lot of useful information both from posts in here, and the guides that have given me the confidence to tackle retailers from a position of knowledge that I would have lacked previously. Often it is not that the consumer doesn't have rights, it is that they don't know how to apply them and that the retailer relies on our ignorance to palm us off!

Good luck with the course, anything that makes more people aware of their rights is a good idea.

Welcome to the forum.

Ian