Is Everest a good mattress make please?

AuraTodd

Aug 26, 2010
Hi I hope this is the right forum? I am looking for a mattress and I wandered into a second hand shop, and saw a new memory foam double mattress with springs in as well by Everest. My old mattress is slowly wearing out and I can feel the springs a bit now and it twangs from time to time (not often). The mattress is priced at £175.00 with £35 delivery. althrough the woman whom I next saw quoted £25.

I have curvature of the spine and I do sometimes get achy hips in the morning so I don‘t want it too hard. Please can you advise me, my dad wants me to save my money and go for something a bit cheaper. But I am not going to get any better then that. I have laid on it and it felt weird because of the clear plastic covering that was still on it.

I have seen one at £299 at another shop which was by a manufacturer called Viscount, but I liked that one because the cellophane wasn’t on it and I could feel it properly.

Can you advise me what I should do please? Sorry if this is a silly question? Many thanks for reading this post.

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
All I'd say on this matter is that advising on a 'best brand' is bad practice, someone may love and swear by a discount lower-end brand, whereas others will love and swear by a high-end brand. In context- I may love supermarket own brand baked beans, you may hate them and only love Heinz beans.

However I will say that having a cellophane / plastic cover over the mattress won't really affect the firmness of a mattress . If it's hard with the plastic on, it's a hard mattress, it's not going to magically become soft and squishy when there's no plastic on it (unless of course it's been vacuum packed?

I don't believe anyone can tell you what's best for yourself, it's just a matter of you trying out different mattresses in show rooms - though do be aware that often a showroom mattress will be softer than a brand new one due to the wear it gets by people bouncing on them in shops .

Adam