more Samsung faults

Andyrb

Mar 27, 2013
Hi folks. My wife bought me a samsung 42'' tv for Christmas 2011. It started playing up in January this year and so was 13 months old and out of warranty, surprise surprise.
I'm not sure if its the same fault as has been mentioned on a couple of threads on here so I don't know if it is something that samsung are aware of already.
All I can say is that occasionally a dark band appears from the right hand side and is half way up the screen and fades out towards the left of the screen.

So really my question is, could I expect to get it repaired or exchanged even as it is out of warranty and, who do I contact. Samsung or Currys where it was purchased.

Thanks.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Unfortunately you contact currys but I suggest you get some practise in wading through treacle or plaiting sawdust before you go.

A TV should last longer than 13 months and it should be repaired, they can have a number of goes at repairing it (no figure given but I would suggest 3) then they will have to replace it.

You would not be entitled to a full refund, if it is uneconomical to repair it and they can't replace it, you would be entitled to a partial refund taking into account the use you have had from it.

I don't remember seeing posts with this particular fault but a google seach of the model number should turn up any.

Good luck with Currys, you'll need it :rolleyes: