Currys and Whirlpool Induction Hob

Doddsy

Mar 29, 2013
I just need to know where I stand.

Yesterday (Thursday) I took delivery of a Whirlpool Induction Hob. I had it installed by a professional electrician. As soon as it was switched on the left hand two rings displayed a digital F47 error code. One of the left hand rings (I didnt try the other) would only operate on No. 5 setting and switched itself off after a couple of minutes.

I bought the hob online from Currys and telephoned their Technical Support number. I was transferred to Whirlpool, the manufacturer of the hob. They have arranged for a technician to come out next Wednesday.

I then telephoned Currys Customer Services. I was quite frought bearing in mind its Easter weekend and I dont have a cooker top to cook on. After I explained my problem the helpful gentleman said he would contact Whirlpool and get back to me.

Upshot is that Whirlpool are adamant that the technician must inspect the hob.

I have done a lot of research (wish I had done it before I bought the hob) and it appears that the error Code F47 is a common failure with this models burners. Lots of people have had this problem.

I have lost all faith in this hob and would prefer another, non induction, hob.

Because the hob was faulty when I got it can I ask for a different hob? I am willing to pay the difference.

Do I do this after the technician has been out?

Do I have to accept having the hob repaired or can I refuse to accept faulty goods?

I would welcome your comments please.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Don't know what we'd do without Curry's and PCWorld, I think I would begin to fell unloved.

The hob is faulty upon delivery, phone them back and tell them you are rejecting it under SOGA and you want a full refund (this will include any delivery charge they made) Tell them to arrange to collect it at their earliest convenience or give you details of how you can return it to one of their stores.

Take your money and run, they don't deserve your business, they know the law but go out of their way to avoid complying with it.

In addition under the Distance Selling Regulations, you also have a right to return it whether it was faulty or not, you have 7 days 'cooling off period'

You don't have to deal with Whirlpool and you don't have to have it inspected or repaired, you DO have the right to reject it.