Re: Refund on undelivered paid item

NinaSSmith@aol.com

Apr 1, 2013
I purchased a sideboard from a company called Furniture Brit in February. Apart from receiving an order acknowledgement, I have since heard nothing from them despite cancelling my order on numerous occasions. Delivery was quoted as 7-10 days. My money was deducted from my credit card by a company called Home Improvements Cannock. I have now passed this on to my credit card company to see if they can get my money back. However, I don't hold much faith in them being able to do this. I have done research on the internet and I wonder whether Furniture Brit, Furniture Buyer and Uppal Interiors are all run by the same people. Can anyone advise me how I can take this matter forward? Even if I am lucky enough to get a refund from MasterCard, surely such people should not be allowed to remain in business.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
It isn't a case of them getting a refynd for you, under S.75 of the CCA they have equal liability for the purchase so whether they get the money back isn't your problem.

I agree with you re stopping companies who repeatedly don't meet their obligations from trading but unfortunately we've seen many horrendous examples on this forum where nobody seems willing to act.

DaveP155

Apr 30, 2013
Unfortunately we have had a depressingly similar experience with Uppal Interiors who despite a number of promises to return our money for non-delivered tables still have not done so. We were promised delivery dates that never materialised; I too have visited the offices in Cannock and the shop in Stoke without success and cannot contact the 'boss'. He will not answer the phone, meet or respond to email.
Has anyone had success with their attempts to deal with this company or their alter egos, Furniture Buyer, Home Improvement Company etc. Or any suggestions to get cash returned from them.