Faulty 'three' mobile phone

jonbabbz

Apr 6, 2013
Hello all,
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 from '3' online last August. The phone has since developed a fault where the battery charges intermittently, extremely slow and never achieves a full charge. The phone went in for repair approx 6 weeks ago. When the phone was returned after 10 days, it had the exact same fault-it even had the exact same percentage of charge in the battery as when I took it in, which leaves me to suspect it was just sitting in a box for 10 days. Anyway, I took it back to the local store after a moan at 3 customer services to be sent for another repair, this time they had it nearly a month. I got it back last night-exact same fault again!

I rang the 3 store up and explained that I wanted a replacement phone as it was exhibiting the exact same faults and they said all they can do is send it for repair again - how long? Who knows!

They also said this time they wont have a courtesy phone available until Monday as they're all out - which i'm not really bothered about anyway as the loan phone is a really basic phone and cannot perform for what I need a smart phone for.

What exactly are my rights regarding my situation?

Do I just keep sending it for repair until I get bored or my contract runs out? They obviously have no idea what they're doing at the repair centre. The repair note simply said "our engineers have carried out an electrical repair, which involves soldering and replacing parts".........what parts exactly?-please explain to those of us that are technically minded!!

Sorry for the rant, but am I within my rights to request a replacement phone? I'm on a 24 month contract and cant bear the thought of another 15 months of this, I'm counting down the days until I and my family can tell 3 to shove it. Thankyou

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Did you buy the phone outright or is it part of a contract? If you bought it, it is covered by soga, if its a contract phone, it is a part of your contract, they don't have unlimited opportunities to fix your phone, I would suggest 3 (no pun intended) is more than enough, you should also be demanding a credit of the daily rate of your contract for each day you have been without a working phone.

cc83

Apr 22, 2013
sorry it doesn't help with your question but im at my witts end with orange and my s3, so can sympathise with how your feeling