Brighthouse selling goods but receiving wrong goods

Johnconley1972

Apr 29, 2013
Having bought 2 tvaso crystal glass tables from Brighthouse in 2010 I signed a agreement for 2black/cream granite based crystal glass topped tables, when I received them the boxes were very battered and heavily taped up with packing tape.
When I checked them the contents were not what I had ordered but were snakeskin/cream granite based crystal glass topped tables, I proceeded to call my local store in Andover Hampshire and explained the reason of my call, to which the manager apologised and explained that as the tables were out of stock he had sent ex display stock to fulfill my order.
I then asked if he had discounted the tables and changed the paperwork to be told that he was in the process of doing so and that if I called into the shop he was sit down with myself and my partner and show new paperwork and so the discounts applied, after calling in the shop on a weekly basis and phoning in regularly I kept being told he wasn't available but is was being dealt with.
I informed them that I was relocating to Scotland and needed this sorting out quickly as it would be unfair to pay or new goods that weren't new.
As soon as I relocated to fife I called into the local Brighthouse store to move my account there and presumed that s I had done that the paperwork would follow me there to keep my account correct.
Whilst out shopping with my wife in march this year I went into my local store and made my weekly payment and received a receipt for the payment, as I was placing the receipt in my wallet my wife asked to see it and was was shocked to see that we were still paying for 1 of the tables, and said that they were both bought on a 100 week term and hold of been paid off over 20 odd weeks ago.
I went to the store holding my account and raised my concerns with the manager and asked for this to be rectified, also stating that until it was I would not be making anymore payments till it was.
After a week or so I received a call off the manager saying that the manger of the store I bought them from was no longer employed by the company and that the table had been removed from my account but were not willing to refund the overpayments on the tables.
Being a reasonable person I was not asking for the overpayment on the smaller table which I had paid in full for a brand new black table but received a used snakeskin table but only asked for the overpayment of the 20 odd weeks over the 100 week term on the larger used snakeskin table which I had been paying by all accounts for a large black brand new table for over 120 odd weeks as I had a certain amount of liability to check that the paperwork had been dealt with correctly, but due to life's ability to distract you it slipped by and was left unchecked by mistake.
Now I'm being harassed by the company demanding I make further payments on the account to pay for the other goods bought but are unwilling to refund money overpaid I'm unsure how to proceed.