Beware of CPR Autos, 45 Micklehouse Road, Baillieston, Glasgow!

JohnS

May 15, 2013
I put my car into Stephen Cochrane at CPR Autos in Glasgow for repair in Mar 2011. I was told that it needed a new engine and paid them £800. It took them till Sep 2011 to source one and I waited with baited breath for my car to be repaired. By mid Oct, I still hadn’t been able to get a hold of them. Not response to phone calls so I went to the premises to discover that the shutters were down. Neighbouring business said they had closed down and taken all the vehicles away late one evening. Police tracked the owner down but wouldn't give me his details due to Data Protection. Had to assume my car had been stolen but insurers couldn't assist because they needed an incident number and the police wouldn't give one. Said it wasn't theft because I had given my keys willingly! In November 2011, owner's wife, Ann Cochrane, made contact and said owner wasn't well but they would be in touch. Sporadic communication (a phone call from them every 4 months) continued for the next year! Police wouldn't do anything and insurers wouldn't do anything so my hands were completely tied. Wife makes contact in Jan 2013 and says she doesn't know where her husband is and she doesn't know where my car is – utter lies. In April, I get another email from the wife telling me to pick up the car as they couldn't afford to keep it in storage, despite the fact it still hadn't actually been fixed. I sent 6 emails to her asking where my car was and she wouldn't give me the info. I managed to get their address through a lawyer acquaintance and last Sunday, I went to their home. I had to deal with the wife because he wouldn’t come to the door on account of being allegedly ‘not well’. It transpired that my car was at a relative’s but she still wouldn't tell me the address! I did point out that I couldn’t collect it if I didn’t know where it was. The car had not been repaired, was totally undriveable and now beyond economical repair. I implored her again to let me know the whereabouts of my car and left with no joy. She finally sent me the address by email on Monday 13th. I went to see the car which was in a real state and I arranged for a scrap dealer to uplift today (15th May 2013) which I felt was my only option. When I arrived to supervise and sign paperwork this morning, I discovered the police had arranged for the car to be towed away because it had been pushed onto the road and was not road taxed. It would have cost me £260 to retrieve the vehicle so I had to let it go and lose the £200 I could recoup through scrapping it. I went straight round to his house to find him working on a car out front. Clearly he has made a speedy recovery from that which has ailed him for 1.5 years. He couldn’t have cared less - So I've lost my car and I'm £1000 out of pocket. The lies and deceit of both Stephen and Ann Cochrane know no bounds.