Three mobile galaxy s4 problem

W9alx

Jun 20, 2013
I do have a small problem and i do hope you guys can help .
After being an apple fan for some time i decided to go rogue and enter the "dark side " . Did so with my S3 which was the best phone that i ever had , so obviously when the s4 was released i upgraded the 2nd day .
Never had any probs with the S3 so i never contacted customer service or any repair stores so i didn't had any experiences with them either good or bad but i did had one with Apple where they just exchanged my phone Straight away without any questions or charges after it developed some faults.

Anyway , on thursday morning of last week i had a look at the phone and i've seen that blurry thing in the upper left hand side of the phone .
I said to myself : bloody invisible shield , paid £20 for it and that's how it looks like after 3 weeks ? So i took the screen protector away and guess what ? That awful thing was actually inside the display and not out of it . ( I do have to mention in case the pics are bad that the actual blurriness that you guys see it's actually inside the phone .
Right so i called samsung told them the problem and they were like :
- Sure Alex we can definitely help you with a repair but you will be without your phone for 2 weeks ?
I told them that's unacceptable solely because i'm using my phone for work ( i work as a chauffer and i get the jobs dispatched by a special software called Cordic that's loaded into the phone so no phone no work no work no money no money no S4 ) and they advised me to give 3 a call ( my network provider ) who of course didn't gave a ###### and said yeah they can probably do it but it will still take 5 days .
I explained my situation to them as well that they should provide me with a replacement phone until this one gets repaired if they don't want to give me a replacement but they woudn't budge .
So of course i went ahead and registered a complaint and now it's been already a week and i haven't heard back from them at all .
Anyway that's still not going to save my problem and i am still looking at the phone trough that bluriness .
What should i do to get the matter sorted ?! Go straight to trading standards?! Wait a decade for three to call ?
Thanks , Alex

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hi,
Your point of call is the supplier - Three. Your contract is with them and not Samsung.
Anyway, the phone is part of yur contract whether or not it was 'free' and this has been set as precedent at court levels, so there's no disputing that.

Three must take action to repair/replace the phone and should they choose to repair it, you are ENTITLED to a courtesy phone in the meantime.

Generally speaking though, three weeks into the contract you may be able to demand a replacement phone (however do note that a replacement doesn't always mean 'new', instead it may be refurbished and have more problems than your current one).

But in answer to your question, Three are legally bound to provide you with a courtesy phone. (And the repair must be completed within a 'reasonable time' and without significant inconvenience to yourself)

Adam