Magnet Trade Folding Patio Doors out of warrenty

fat_brum

Jul 21, 2013
Firstly I am new to the forum..so Hi to all........

We have a set of Magnet Trade Folding Patio Door which were installed by a local builder about 2 1/2 years ago.

Last week in the hot weather, one of the doors in the set has warped and they will no longer lock.

I popped into our local Magnet Trade to ask about these, speaking with some one in the warehouse and saying our doors had warped in the hot weather, I was asked what colour they are, which I informed they they were light oak....I was told they do not recommend fitting any colour but white to a south facing aspect, I informed them that they were fitted to a west facing aspect the conversation suggested to me that there is a know defect here.

I was told to speak with the branch that the doors were purchased from and also informed that the manufactures had gone out of business.

I called the branch where the doors were purchased from that they were out of warranty, though to take photos and email them, which I will today, though would like to know what my rights are.......for a door to last less than 3 years in poor.

Thanks in advance for any advise

Graham

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi, You are covered by the Sale of Good Act, see the link below. The fact that they are out of warranty and the manufacturer has gone bust is not your problem. Let me know if you have any questions...

fat_brum

Jul 21, 2013
Thanks Tony

Just the sort of information I was after!
I'll keep you up to date.

:)

BR Graham

kesb

Nov 19, 2013
London
www.eurodecorating.co.uk
Hi everyone,

Oh that's handy thank you tony
i had the same think doors was only 1 year old, just couldn't close,so had to buy a new one, i couldn't wait that long to get it fixed if you know what i mean...

Cheers