Samsung LCD 40" ONLY 2 YEARS OLD BUSTED

Zem

Jul 31, 2013
Forgive me if this a repeat thread.
I am furious that after just two years my tv is not working at all.No Power .Nothing! No external interference what so ever.

I guess TV`s like other home appliances should last more than this.
Anyway I call Samsung and they say is out of warranty therefor i have to call the repair center.They are saying to pay upfront £90 initially and then based on what is fault and the spare part required they will quote me the real charges.
Here my question is :

1)How come at first this TV stop working in 24 months ?Is in it contradictory to the customer right in regard the durability ?
So Is there any legal avenue ?

2) Why they can tell at least the range that i have to expect to pay ?
I mean myself i do repair pc,laptops and i tell my clients clearly if say it is needed hard disk xxx amount etc...
Once I pay the £ 90 there is no return back if say they will add another £100 will be far better to look for a new one.

Please advise me .

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Zem, bad luck with the TV. You are better off going to the retailer not the manufacturer. See the link below about the Sale of Goods Acts and Section 75. Let me know if you have any questions. Best wishes and good luck.

Zem

Jul 31, 2013
Hi Zem, bad luck with the TV. You are better off going to the retailer not the manufacturer. See the link below about the Sale of Goods Acts and Section 75. Let me know if you have any questions. Best wishes and good luck.
Thanks Tony!
SURPRISINGLY I do not give any thought about this . Surely i will now.

Hey !!! Today i receive a call from Samsung and they provide me a phone number of other technicians in my vicinity. The lady of Samsung is saying if this technicians write to them that there is problem on the Tv she might do something.

This is after I made myself clear that angry and dissatisfied though in a polite way.

So as it stands I have to pay £68 +vat and the guy will check it .

Zem

Jul 31, 2013
Hi Tony !

I was awaiting this Samsung guys to come as they promise but i understand now they where fooling me.

One customer service says something the other one another.Absolutely below
par customer service as finally they drop the line deliberately.No class or respect bad attitude.

Tony, I did speak to Curry from where i bought the TV and they say there is nothing we can do as the TV is out of warranty and i have to fork the repair and inspection cost.I mention about the durability issue and simply they do not want to hear anything about it .

Absolutely gutted that a this days a brand new TV just lasting a couple of
Years .Sad

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Zem

This is standard practise for Currys, write to their head office quoting the Sale of Goods Act give them 10 days to respond or you will file a case at the Small Claims Court.

Zem

Jul 31, 2013
Zem

This is standard practise for Currys, write to their head office quoting the Sale of Goods Act give them 10 days to respond or you will file a case at the Small Claims Court.
Thanks Tony I
I will definitely do that. I am going to get their address.
I will let you know the output and hopefully will be good one.
Thanks once again.

Zem

Jul 31, 2013
Hi Tony!

As you direct me I sent a letter to CURRY and the haven`t reply .Passed ten days and I am exhausted to be honest.It did not work to me .

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hi,
If you sent the letter by recorded means - track it (to see if they received it) & you can give them a call so they can confirm whether or not they've had the letter.

Your next step is the SCC (as you put this in your letter).
Adam