samsung tv 63" faulty again!!

pizzaman122

Aug 7, 2013
here is my story

my uncle bought me a 63" tv in 2010
sadly he passed away in 2011(we never got receipt off him and didn't want to ask family for it in such bad circumstances)
but been registered to me from day 1

so I had the tv for 11 months wen they screen started to get speckles
I informed Samsung which they came and said the screen is faulty and replaced it in my own home from a Samsung service centre
all was fine until nov last year
same problem again
so on to phone to Samsung and they say because its out of warranty they would replace the screen again as long as I paid the labour which I thought that's ok
so new screen fitted
then march this year came and same problem again so rang then and spoke to 2 ladies on the phone saying these should be lasting 4-5 yrs not 4 month so they refitted another
and yeah few days ago worse problem as 25% mine screen went black and lines down it
rang Samsung to be told its out of warranty and the 4-5yr screen warranty has suddenly stopped
so have to pay for a engineer (who is coming today to give me a report) then I have to ring them back and explain(dunno what they gonna do so thought id ask here 1st)
is there anyway I can get this tv replaced as nothing but problems with it from the start
any help please

Last edited:

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
As you are dealing with Samsung, the manufacturer, it depends on the terms of the warranty. If you were dealing with the retailer then you might be able to.

pizzaman122

Aug 7, 2013
I am dealing with Samsung directly
I have to ring back tomorrow as they say they may replace or give me some sort of reduced payment
but I prefer a tv
am I in my rights to ask for 1

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
It's nothing to do with rights it is to do with the terms of the warranty, which is separate to your statutory rights

pizzaman122

Aug 7, 2013
thanks for replying I will see what they say 2morro when I ring back up as they were looking for the rrp of it on Friday when I spoke to them

pizzaman122

Aug 7, 2013
result they replacing tv with new smart tv ps64f8500
well happy now after all the hassle I have had off this set