Can I return my phone?

hghayley20

Aug 11, 2013
I bought my phone from Tesco in February. During that time, I have lost my box and receipt. My phone started to become unresponsive yesterday, and I have read that it may be to do with hardware/software. I am not sure if I can return. I have traced back a payment to Tesco in February from debit card. Would this be sufficient proof? Thanks!

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Yes,
A receipt is nothing more than proof of postage - proof of purchase could be a bank statement, CCTV footage, tesco's sales records, anything that is proof enough.
A box is a piece of cardboard, it doesn't mean a thing.

You say you bought it in February, try to make sure it's returned before 6 months come along, as if its under 6 months, it is tesco's duty to prove the fault did not exist / is not a manufacture fault.
After 6 months, its your duty to prove it did exist / is an inherent fault. (Meaning youll be paying for inspection/report).

Last edited:

stevenwiki

Aug 12, 2013
United Kingdom
Yes. your debit card statement would be 100% proof for your phone. I think you should chekout your phone from your dealer and also ask for duplicate copy for your phone & if he doesn't give you the bill copy then you can do the complaint through your debit card.