please help , tesco awful

nickib

Aug 26, 2013
Hi all. I brought a tv from tescos 2 1/2 years ago. It has developed a fault. I phone manufacture who said it would be cheaper to buy a new one than repair it. I phoned Tesco who have offered to repair it or partial refund. They wont replace as i have had the tv too long. If they repair it it can take upto 28 days. I only have this tv in my house! Told them that it would cause me significant inconvenience to be repaired as i pay for sky and will not be able to use sky without a tv. Tesco wont budge. I'm at my wit's end with them.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
After 2 1/2 years you can only expect a repair or partial refund, you could only request a replacement if the tv developed a fault within the first 6 months, 28 days does seem excessive but I'm guessing they give that as a maximum.

nickib

Aug 26, 2013
I thought i could get a replacement as it hasn't lasted a reasonable amount of time? What about the significant inconvience?

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
What is a reasonable life for a TV, if it cost a grand you would expect it to last much longer than if it cost £150. If a fault develops within 6 months it is up to the company to prove it didn't exist at the time f purchase, after that time it is accepted that the fault has developed with age and it is u to you to prove that it was pre-existing. Tesco are doing all they need to do by law. Sorry that probably isn't the reply you wanted