Car phone warehouse

Karenrowles

Sep 26, 2013
Hi all have a problem !, my son in law went into car phone warehouse yesterday to purchase a screen protector for his samsung phone which he brought 3 months ago (not from them) it cost £20 for protector then a further£6 to have fitted by them . They fitted it but after leaving he realised they put it on upside down ,he returned and they apologised then the female assistant turned the phone of swamped it in ionised spray and said I've put so much spray on that's not gonna move and they rarely put these on for people .when he left he tried to put phone on but it didn't work he went back third time to them saying its nothing to do with them he will have to claim on the phones warranty ! But if he sends it away and it has water damaged it won't be covered !! Surely it is for them to replace phone also when we looked at instructions of how to fit the protector it says not to spray directly on phone ! What can we do ?

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hi Karen,
I assume he had the InvisiShield fitted (which may I add is an immense screen protector...
The spray is used as a bonding agent and is safe to be used on phones, the instructions just don't want you to subdue your phone in the liquid.
But I must disagree with the salesperson, they're fitted daily, and you also must have training in order to apply them to phones.
It's 100% for the salesperson to sort out, and not a claim under warranty, you need to speak to the manager and get the phone replaced for a new one.

Adam