Bought Cooker And Display Model Was Delivered Also

masonchat

Oct 3, 2013
Hi
I bought a new cooker a few days ago, assistant said we have that in stock will be delivered Monday.

The cooker arrived monday wrapped in cling film ,the back panneling had a few dents.

I would have overlooked this , had cooker connected and started to use oven.

The oven started silent then after 15 min made noise like a tractor for about 2 minuets, then silent for 10-15 then tractor for 2 minuets and so the cycle continued.

I suspected the shop had sent me the display model and returned to shop to indeed see that cooker was no longer on the stand.

So i was unhappy A felt like shop had taken me for a fool and B and brand new cooker needed an engineer straight away.

I told shop assistant i wanted cooker replaced not fixed, he said ok but engineer will have to look at it anyway.

I thought this was a bit odd , anyway long story short engineer turns up opens back of cooker and fixs the problem ( minor problem to be fair seems fan was makin contact with housing when oven got hot).

So oven fixed engineer heads out the door and now i am left with a fixed display model cooker.

Can anyone please tell me what my rights are here

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Your rights are to have what you bought, a brand new cooker still in the packaging, check your receipt and see what it says, phone them up and tell them to collect it and send you what you have paid for or a full refund or a partial refund if you are willing to accept display goods at a discount.

masonchat

Oct 3, 2013
Hi Witch and tks.

What course of action should i take if they refuse as i fear they will, now that oven is fixed and a week has passed since it was delivered

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
It doesn't make any difference that it is fixed, tell them you rejected it when it was delivered and you haven't changed your mind, you want the new cooker you paid for, tell them you will recover your money through the small claims court if necessary.

Can I ask the name of the company?

masonchat

Oct 3, 2013
Also can anyone tell me is there anything written anywhere saying that a shop must inform a customer before they sell/deliver a shop floor display model.

and would it be assumed i had taken ownership once i used it , just off the phone with them as far as i know im getting a new cooker, i will keep you posted and thanks

masonchat

Oct 3, 2013
i didnt reject on delivery but when i discovered problem with the oven , i complained that it was the display model and i didnt want it repaired a couple of days had passed between delivery and complaining.

The company is Beko they are more or less saying my beef is with the shop where i bought it.

and it is the shop i asked to replace the cooker

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Beko are right, the shop have to sort it and you did reject it certainly in plenty of time for them to replace it, I meant which shop did you buy it from, it has abviously been damaged in transit somewhere along the way which isn't your problem. They must provide what they sold you.

masonchat

Oct 3, 2013
the shop is small town local store under the topline brand , not sure if you have them in uk.

I agree with Beko as well not their fault that the shop takes its customers for mugs, just off the phone with them as far as i know im getting a new cooker , i will update when im sure, and thanks

masonchat

Oct 3, 2013
New cooker arrived so problem solved thanks , and i cant say this as it is under 100 characters , silly rule on this site