morris mini respray

pinkmorris1968

Nov 5, 2013
Hi everyone, I want to ask anyone who has or knows anyone that has taken a garage or Body Shop to Court I have been waiting almost 3years for a local Body shop to re-spray my mini and rebuild it back to a drivable car,been giving many excuses for the delays even had money kept by Body shop intented for a local garage to exchange the engine/gearbox and rewiring was told they wanted £500 deposit to start the work upon meeting the proprietor who informed me that he does not ask for any monies up front unless any new or replacement parts became excessively expensive, now the Body shop have my car back at his premises and refuses to work on it anymore but will not let me collect it unless I stump up some more money ive already given £2000 towards parts and paint and replacement shell collected.
I want my car back!!!:( already found some else to finish it, in total I drove my orginal car into his premises and all ive got in nearly 3 years is a rolling mini with engine he has not even finished the paint work or some of the panels to be put back on Am I a mug???:confused: please can anyone advise me what to do next communication has broken down and my poor little car being held to ransom.
I've been to CAB and they were shocked and gave me some advice which did help a little.Thanks for reading my thread.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
The only thing you can do is take them to the small claims court but your claim has to have a monetary value so you'll have to take them for some money back as well as the car.

pinkmorris1968

Nov 5, 2013
The only thing you can do is take them to the small claims court but your claim has to have a monetary value so you'll have to take them for some money back as well as the car.
Thank you for reply I was told if I went to court I could just get my car back,but if the guy would just hand it back I would walk away, also I had advise from another body shop that the paint work this guy has already done may have to have more work as he did not apply this final lacquer to seal the car within a week of spraying, now the new paint has hardened it needs a lot of elbow grease to get it sorted even more hassle now, I would welcome my money back from this so called professional sprayer, but it was not top of my list just to get my car to the other spray shop with the least fuss. So it would be bonus if I was awarded a monetary value too. I have sort the advise of a police officer he says the shop cannot hold my car and I am to write to he and give him 7 days notice to return it or I can sue. :)thanks again.