npower new customer HELP!!!

kellyboatgirl

Nov 6, 2013
Hello!
Some information or advice would be gratefully received...
We moved into a new property a month ago and contacted the electricity supplier npower with meter readings and all of my information to set up a shiny new account, having already tried to switch through a comparison site and being informed they were unable to do so.
So it turns out that npower think we have 2 meters and thus come under a complex meter system so my account registration was referred to 'the back office' and hasn't been touched since... I call once a week to chase it up and always get the same reply- that they're waiting for the back office to pick it up- despite having given them the news that there is only one meter, it was changed some time before we moved in and gave them the information regarding the change over by Siemens- they confirmed that the meter number for both the meters they record us as having is the same number. I even called Siemens to find out why the information was never updated with npower. (Turns out Siemens lost their contract with npower and as such refuse to talk to me any further on the matter) haha... Anyway... Npower still haven't given us an account number, a tariff, or any idea of how much they are charging me- I can't swap to another company and am stuck in an eternal cycle paying, no doubt, they're highest rates- even though they have all the information regarding the meter change and that there is only one meter.

Ooh sorry... Long story it seems :)

Anyway... Has anyone had any problems like this and how do I go about rectifying it before they hit me with an enormous bill? I'm not allowed to make any payment installments and was advised to "put the money aside" but if I don't know what they're charging me, how much do I put aside?

As much as I enjoy my weekly conversations with the npower team... I'd quite like to get this all sorted and atleast have some sort of options available to me...

All electric- no gas- electric underfloor heating- one meter- 2 readings

Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings :)

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
2 readings? Does that mean you are on economy 7 because if that is the case they will probably only have 2 tariffs, one with direct debit, one without, if you take the higher of the two you shouldn't be far out. Can't understand why you can't switch tho, have you tried contacting suppliers directly instead of through comparison sites?

kellyboatgirl

Nov 6, 2013
I kno absolutely nothing... Although they have given me an account number so I can pay... But they're "having problems" dealing with my set up so I'm still in the dark on everything hahaha... Oh well... :)

JPiper

Mar 9, 2016
I have had constant problems with Npower. But each time something has happened they have just cleared my account. So haven't had to pay anything!

GloriaDSharma

Jul 13, 2016
Same situation with JPiper. Every time I encounter problems with them, they end up clearing my account. Apart from the problems, I can't complain about the chargs.