Mattress nightmare!

Eve

Dec 8, 2013
I recently purchased a mattress, but when they came to deliver it they said that they couldn't take it upstairs because my staircase has a curve at the top and manoeuvring it around this curve might damage the springs. So, to my disappointment they took it away again! However, they are now saying that they will not refund me in full because I have to pay a cancelation fee of £70. This feels very unfair, as firstly I was not given any advise about possible delivery problems when purchasing the mattress and secondly it wasn't my choice to take the mattress away again. Please could someone give me any advice - do I have to pay the cancelation fee?

Thank you for reading :)

oldoakey

Dec 14, 2013
www.jtsinteriors.co.uk
I would of thought just about every house has some sort of corner to go around to get a mattress in, never heard of this before but it does sound ridiculous, they state they might damage the springs, these springs are made from high tensile steel not paper chain for goodness sake.

It would seem sensible to me they should ask each and every customer who intends to buy this type of product what the access is so they can advise before purchase, they could possibly then sell you whichever mattress they could deliver, not ones most could not take delivery of.

Why not get the brand name then ring the manufacturer and ask there advice on what if any damage could be caused by taking a mattress around a corner for a few seconds to enable it to be brought into your bedroom. If you don't get any joy PM me and I will ask a friend in the trade what his advice would be.