Poor Quality Workmanship

BUBBA20

Dec 22, 2013
I have had a conservatory built and I must admit that after extra cost and the input of professional tradesmen it is now looking very good.
My experiences with the installer Home Enhancing Plastics were not so good.
Poor quality fitting of a good quality product left a sour note.
This company and it's owner has lost sight of customer satisfaction and after un level floors incorrectly built walls which had to be rebuilt and are still not right the inner wall being higher than the external wall, broken bricks in door jams replaced and broken again.
Poor fitted sills rubbish mitres and cheap plastic fittings, the fitting of different sill ends and expecting me as a customer to be satisfied.
Why did I go to extra expense and bring in outside tradesmen, quite simply I had lost complete trust in the companies ability to deliver and was happy to be shot of them.
Now when this review is read by the owner he will no doubt launch another personal attack ( small man syndrome)
My floor has been levelled, tiles fitted, and sills fitted with joints that cannot be seen, all perfectly sealed and finished off by skilled tradesmen.
Like all consumers I have the right to bring to the attention of other prospective buyers my bad experiences.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Thank you for the information, many people search the web before employing a company so this should save others from a similar experience. If you experience poor workmanship the company should be given the chance to put things right and if they fail to do so, you can get another tradesperson in to do it and send the bill to the original company.

Br1dget

Jan 31, 2014
hi Bubba. I also had my conservatory built by them starting 4 November 2013. I have had all the same problems as you and more. im having an independent inspector to check all aspects of the conservatory i.e tests for low-e glass, and a fire officer in to check the safety of my electrics i will report back on their findings.
Do you know that FENSA do not cover conservatories so even though a selling point is they are registered by FENSA so you think its covered by them its not ?:(:mad:

Last edited:

Br1dget

Jan 31, 2014
hi Bubba. I also had my conservatory built by them starting 4 November 2013. I have had all the same problems as you and more. im having an independent inspector to check all aspects of the conservatory i.e tests for low-e glass, and a fire officer in to check the safety of my electrics i will report back on their findings.
Do you know that FENSA do not cover conservatories so even though a selling point is they are registered by FENSA so you think its covered by them its not ?:(:mad:
Update:
The inner wall built to 6' to put a flat screen TV cannot be used as they have used thermalite blocks. I asked the builder at the time would they be strong enough and i was assured they would be-WRONG! i bought a 42 " TV and bracket to be told by professional fitters that the thermolite will just shatter if they drill it. So i now have no where to put the £600 TV i bought. As this was to be part of an interview room with photos being shown it has now ruined that idea and cost me money. The plaster was so poorly done ,you couldnt touch it as it was so rough,it went through you -i had to pay £100 for wall paper,£42 for paint and £150 for the decorator to cover the mess! They offered to send back the plasterer but i would then have to pay again to have a dryer for a week and also the electricity 24 hrs for 7 days. I also didnt want further mess , if they were competent they would have done it right first time.
The conservatory was sold to me as Rehau- I have found a sticker on the underside of the casement saying Klassic Trade Frames rated C. I told the sales guy that the most important thing was energy efficiency as i would be working 10 hrs a day in there.I was even given a booklet!
There is mortar covering ALL the outside bricks, they are covered in grey, not a little, completely.
All the locks in the windows can not be opened or closed with the keys in as they hit the casements.
The sill has a large crack across it, I thought it was a dog hair at first but its a large v shaped crack. The door handle is put on wonky. One of the roof joists is not straight.
The electrics were checked by a fire officer-he said that really it should have its own seperate circuit with fuse,but as long as i dont put too many things on at once it should be ok!
They moved my original drain from the kitchen(because they couldnt fit the one they had bought. I should have had a seperate rainwater drain. I am now paying £350 to have a drain put in as they have left an up hill slope for the water to drain into,DOH!. Also the kitchen waste water over flows the grid now.
I have bright blue plastic showing as they have the ground level above the floor level-instead of putting another course of engineering bricks.
And the best bit _ when i text and told them of all these problems, i did not want to talk to them as it ends up in arguing and my health cant take that stress, i have a registered medical condition made worse with stress.I had a voice mail saying i was being childish over the whole thing!
I am now going to seek legal advice and also inform trading standards over them saying it was rehau and its Klassic Trade Frames .
The partner is fond of saying "ive got 120 texts from you" this says it all as the texts were re. the conservatory and he was never here watching the tradesmen or overseeing the job. I had to oversee the whole thing -it started on 4 Nov and wasnt completed till 24 Dec. I live on my own so i had to fight and argue all the time to get the job done properly (as you can see i still couldnt stop all this happening) with out back up from a partner.
I probably will get flack for this blog but i am really p....d about the cheap built conservatory ,that i paid over £11,500 for and it was also the dearest quote! and it isnt German!
I am also in the process of having glass checked for a heat retaining coating that suppose to be on it. You can hire a device or you can ask for a double glazing firm to check it.

Last edited:

andee

Aug 14, 2014
Ive had dealings with this company twice in the past 10 years or so and have always been looked after on price and the staff and the quality of the work has always been very high (and i consider myself to be very picky)and i have never had the need to complain.