secure car park damaged my car

ukchris

Jan 8, 2014
I have used a secure and safe car park in Southampton (we park4u) while I was on a cruise, when the car was delivered to the ship at the end of the cruise there was considerable damage to the car.
Initially they admitted full liability and asked me to get quotes for the damage which I did, the cost was almost £5000. He has so far refused to provide me with insurance details and has said that they now don't think they are liable as they are saying the damage was caused by bad weather blowing scaffolding from the unit next to the car park onto my car.
They have said that I should just get it repaired on my insurance which obviously I don't want to do as this will affect my no claims and at the end of the day, I believe I have paid for a service and haven't received it (safe and secure car parking)
Can anyone advise what I should do?

ukchris

Jan 8, 2014
I think its going to end up with me going down that route. I have notified my insurance and they are going to try and get his details, he still isn't telling me. The insurance company said they have ways of finding out who his insurer is.
If they are successful in claiming from him then my insurers said it will be put down as a no fault claim, if not, then I am going to lose my no claims:mad:
Its very frustrating but im not giving in.