Phone Contract

syg76

Jan 18, 2013
hi, just wondering if anyone can help me, I am on monthly contract and have been with this company for seven years and have always been satisfied.

however this last contract has been a total nightmare, I have an HTC one x which when new was around a £450 phone it has now gone wrong 3 times in 15 months and not just minor problems major ones, and has been sent away twice for repair, Its now broken again and before I go back in I wonder if anyone knows my rights.
I'm sick of the phone, it is obviously faulty for the last 3 months it keeps cutting my calls mid call, and the 3g signal sticks resulting in me having to re start it, now it wont turn on..

my point is what can I expect from the mobile company, I'm fuming and fed up with the thing, but know as soon as I go in they will offer a repair again and i expect it to break in a few months again, can I ask for a new one? I wouldn't expect something of that value to break 3 times in 15 months....

thanks in advance

simon

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
They can replace it with a refurbished phone the same or of similar spec, you are right about it not being fit for purpose but I do think these phone prices are over inflated!

syg76

Jan 18, 2013
thanks for your reply, I'm going in tomorrow, so hope to get rid of the thing...but will prepare myself for the usual rubbish you get spouted when in the shop