Builder not doing job but demanding money

Rufus

Jan 27, 2014
I had a verbal agreement with a builder to put in a new bathroom window whilst our new bathroom was being built. He did not fit the window, made no contact with us throughout the project (other than unofficially via the plumber working on the bathroom - several promises to come "tomorrow" to fit the window which were never met). He turned up 2 weeks after the bathroom was finished saying that we had to pay him for the window (custom made) even though it was no longer required. Any advice? We have no written order or contract. He did not meet his obligations and made no effort to contact us directly in the 6 month period from first quoting the job and then turning up asking for money.

KimE

Nov 4, 2014
Hi

My name is Kim, I work on a daytime show at ITV, ‘Judge Rinder’. I’ve just come across you case on here and thought the programme may be of interest to you.

ITV are looking for people who would like to settle their disputes or claims in the second series of court show Judge Rinder.

If you are interested then please send me an e-mail at kimberley.enson@itv.com with a brief description, or you can call me on 0161 952 0961

We look forward to hearing your case!

Many thanks, Kim