Rent out your parking space

GlasgowGirl

Facilitator
Jul 22, 2008
I saw a story on Motley Fool today about ways to make money, and one of their tips was to use www.parkatmyhouse.com to rent out any parking spaces you own but don't use. I had a quick look at the site and it seems useful. I searched for parking spaces in Glasgow and found 16 in the city centre, with prices between £55-£100 per month.

So if your flat has a parking space but you don't drive, or if you have extra space in your driveway, this might be a way to make some extra cash.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I have seen a similar site for match day parking, if you happen to live near to a big football stadium. Both are good ideas...

Tony

katealpha

Sep 1, 2008
Beds
I have a friend who rents his garage to someone to store a classic car in as he doesn't use it himself - so there's another idea.

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
Rent out your unused garden space

If you have unused garden space, you could rent it out for someone to use as a vegetable garden. Ideally, you would have enough extra space for a greenhouse.

You could place an ad in local supermarkets to find someone in your local area.

kris1anne

Jan 29, 2009
Not quite money making but certainly money saving - homeswapping for holidays - you and another person swap houses for a week or too. Also renting out rooms for those in the area of big events can make loads of money.