Car accident will damage show who's at fault??

Reddragon1

Feb 21, 2014
Hi all, my first post and am desperate for some advice please.

I was in an accident a couple of weeks ago.

I was in the left hand lane, going left (more kind of straight ahead as you look at the roundabout, but the first exit). I looked right, proceeded to the exit (which has quite a wide opening) and all of a sudden saw a car shoot up on the LEFT hand side and clip my left bumper. I was so surprised to see a car on that side of me, I just beeped my horn. They then pulled over and apologised profusely. They seamed very nice, the driver have me her details and asked if I wouldn't mind not going through insurers. I agreed and got some quotes.

When I texted (she didn't answer her phone) her to let her know how much repairs would be and she just texted back telling me she would not be paying for any damage as I went in to the back of her!!

I called my insurers to ask hypothetically what would the procedure be and they told me they would examine the damage if there is a dispute. A police officer friend, however told us that they would likely just look at the position of damage and would not be able to tell whether they had scraped me going past my car as opposed to her lie that I scraped her car going past them. I thought the 'direction' if the scrape might be different??

Apologies for the long post! But I wanted to gather as much information as possible before deciding whether to report to my insurers.

Thanks,

Helen