Engagement ring purchase

Ff7fan

Feb 24, 2014
Hi, I've just purchased an engagement ring for my partner that I'm planning on giving to her on our upcoming holiday. I ordered the ring online after checking the sites FAQ (I won't mention them by name just yet as I'm still dealing with them) which stated that the ring would be delivered in completely obscure packaging and no reference to the company name. However, after receiving the item, my shrewd girlfriend noticed a return address on the package with the name of the company's trading name, which has the word "jewels" on. Also a quick google search of this name comes up with tons on the engagement ring company...I believe I may have managed to cover my tracks by telling her I received the item for my brother in law who ordered a surprise necklace for my sister but I'm not too sure if she believes that and the experience has been well and truly soured for me. I really hope she isn't on to what I'm planning to do but should the company have done more to provide obscure packaging? Especially since I ordered it partially based on the fact that they stated that their wouldn't be any reference on the packaging. :-(

Sammy80

Mar 26, 2014
It depends on the company policies and as you mentioned they did conceal the package to a certain extent and if they didn't include a return address and you needed to return the ring for some reason then there would be a problem. Try not to let it ruin your experience, I'm sure whenever you do decide to propose she will be surprised

LondonGirl

Mar 21, 2014
London
www.simply-wrong.com
Given the circumstances being slightly different to usual, how much of an issue do you really want to make of this?

If you really want to pursue the issue we can help you. However, there is little doubt it would detract from what is likely to be a very beautiful, personal life event.

Have a think and then post up whatever you decide. :D

Sep 22, 2014
To be honest I would be annoyed that they hadn't made it look like normal parcel with no references on it and I would complain especially as they said there wouldn't be. But I would forget about what your girlfriend thinks and believe the story you gave her, she most likely believes you and if she doesn't then it will at least build excitement for her! Good luck :D

stable

Feb 13, 2016
it depends on the company policies and as you mentioned they did conceal the package to a certain extent and if they didn't include a return address and you needed to return the ring for some reason then there would be a problem. Try not to let it ruin your experience, I'm sure whenever you do decide to propose she will be surprised

mbkimberley

Dec 21, 2015
Shepshed UK
i can understand why youre upset by the situation, it would have been a lot better if they had included the return address within the packaging rather than on the outside of the parcel, so then if there was an issue you could have just attached the return address yourself. i honestly wouldnt let it bother you too much, any woman that gets proposed to by her partner is still going to be over the moon!