Shoe Tailor

concerned consumer

Mar 11, 2014
My husband wanted to buy me boots for Christmas - one a 'dressy' pair for going out in, one for walking my dogs. Not being able to find anything suitable locally, I sent from some from Shoe Tailor. The dog walkling boots I had chosen were suitable, and I paid for these by cheque before the due date. All the other pairs of boots I had chosen were either a poor fit or of inferior quality, so I returned these. In desperation, I decided to go for shoes instead. These were also a poor fit and of desperately bad quality for the price. They were delivered the day before we were going away, so I could not return them until we returned. I have now been told I owe the company £25. I do not see how this can be, as I only kept the boots that I had paid for before I had the invoice. However, it is not worth making a fuss about, BUT CONSUMERS BEWARE!!! It seems that this company are now offering inferior shoes at top quality prices and then penalising people who return them.
I have written to them and told them that I will order nothing from them, or other companies in the group - Marisota, Viva la Diva etc - in future and told them to take my name and details off their mailing lists.