csl sofa

susie12

Mar 13, 2014
Last year I bought 2 sofas from csl. When they arrived one had faulty stitching the other had a bad scaring on the leather seat. Both were reported straight away. A technicIan came around and fixed the stitching but could not do anything about the scarring. Tried to tell Mr it was surposed to be like this.
Another lot of leather was ordered and weeks later same person came back to fit onto the sofa. The wrong size had been ordered and of course it was too small. Technician told me a new sofa would be delivered.
Sofa was due in February. I have sent several emails to the company. I won t phone because the only tome I dif get through it took me 40 mins.
I had a call from customer services at end of January. The person said he had received my email of complaint and as a jesture of good will they would like to give me insurance on the sofa. I had cancelled it and got my money refunded for this. I feel if I can not get a new sofa when I pay for it what chance have u with insurance. I told customer services I would rather have the money(£195) off my sofa than insurance. He said he would get back to me. I have heard nothing since.
So one sofa is ok one still scared. No new sofa and no call from csl.

I wanted my money back(and they have sofa)so that I could go to another company and get a sofa with no scars.
Sorry post is long. What can I do now?

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
How did you pay? The sofa is covered by SOGA and should have been free of defects when you received it, as you told them about the fault quickly they should replace it. You next step should be a letter of complaint to their head office telling them what you want them to do to put the situation right. They have 8 weeks to give you a satisfactory response and take action. If they don't it will be SCC unless you bought it on finance or credit card when there are other methods.

susie12

Mar 13, 2014
Thanks for your reply.
I paid the deposit with my credit card. The rest is paid monthly.
I have sent correspondence by email. Csl just tell me what they are doing. Sending someone to repair the sofa, then sending someone to fit the part, then sending me another sofa.
As I have not received the New sofa I do not know what to say in the correspondence.
I ordered the sofas may 2013 and the sofas arrived at the end of June 2013.
I feel it us just dragging on with nothing getting resolved.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Write stating it is a letter of complaint, just state the facts with dates if possible, and end by telling them that they have 8 weeks to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, get proof of postage or send signed for. They should acknowledge your complaint within a week.