scs aftercare service

lorraine 58

Apr 5, 2014
Has anyone else experienced problems with SCS aftercare? I purchased 2 leather sofas from them at a cost of £2K that were delivered at the end of May last year and by the end of June the metal workings of the recliner has caused a huge hole in upholstery - SCS aftercare have since been out 6 times to remedy the problem - the last twice being the upholstery manager as the upholsterer told me he could do nothing more as the it was a design fault. It's now worse than ever - they have strengthened the recliner area now to such a degree that it feels as if I am seated on a plank of wood and the springs 'ping' loudly every time I get up. To add insult to injury, when the aftercare team come out they wont give me a time of day until the night before, so because of the nature of my job I have to book an entire days annual leave - I have now taken 7 days annual leave including 2 of these unpaid (one more than I have been visited as I was rung on the actual morning of one appointment to be told that no one was coming)

I am now telling them that I want a exchange - am I being unreasonable?

Reactions: jacknight01

jacknight01

Oct 5, 2021
United Kingdom
Has anyone else experienced problems with SCS aftercare? I purchased 2 leather sofas from them at a cost of £2K that were delivered at the end of May last year and by the end of June the metal workings of the recliner has caused a huge hole in upholstery - SCS aftercare have since been out 6 times to remedy the problem - the last twice being the upholstery manager as the upholsterer told me he could do nothing more as the it was a design fault. It's now worse than ever - they have strengthened the recliner area now to such a degree that it feels as if I am seated on a plank of wood and the springs 'ping' loudly every time I get up. To add insult to injury, when the aftercare team come out they wont give me a time of day until the night before, so because of the nature of my job I have to book an entire days annual leave - I have now taken 7 days annual leave including 2 of these unpaid (one more than I have been visited as I was rung on the actual morning of one appointment to be told that no one was coming)

I am now telling them that I want a exchange - am I being unreasonable?
Yes, I have already suffered with same problem when I bought recliner sofa from SCS. I purchased this sofa 3 months before you got it. But after few days, recliner mechanism stopped as well as some part confirmed me as faulty and need to be repaired. When this sofa was repaired by the repairing team of company, they charged me some payable amount. These is really a bad experience with SCS company, even they said that we will give your warranty period. But they didn't complete their words.