discusting letting agency

debbie6653

Apr 20, 2014
I previously lived in a privately let property, it was let by DBP letting agency in Wolverhampton, I moved in in 2008 and paid all moneys up front, I thought my deposit would of been protected but found out after moving it wasnt, which is breaking the law, I never had an house inspection, nor a gas safety certificate, my house was falling apart around me. I reported repairs so many times to DBP but they failed to pass my complaints to my landlord, I lived in a pigsty of an house, damp cold, holes in the ceiling, broken tiles, but my most severe repair was my boiler, I have always had problems with my boiler and over the years it got worse. Oh DBP sent people out but they are not registered they didn't carry a card with them to prove otherwise. I had a continues leak under the boiler, but each time I phoned DBP the man I spoke to Steve told me to go away, he ignored most of my phone calls, he is a very nasty man to deal with. DBP lettings have received a lot of complaints from tenants and as yet im the only one who seems to be going anything about it. They charge stupid money to rent a property but fail to comply with there tenancy agreement to maintain property's. I also know that they let propertys out to people that there not supposed to. And the tenant ends up being evicted by the landlord. I also know they actually up the price themselves, eg: old gentleman was looking for a certain house to rent, and as stated on the card it was £450 pcm, but Steve and another staff member had some sort of disagreement, one saying it was higher in price thus making the other agree with him. I feel DBP lettings should not be able to run a business as they do, and get away with it. How many more people are they going to rip off???? I need them investigated and as soon as possible. Last year 2013 I had had enough of living in such appalling conditions. I became depressed, im now under the mental health team. I moved out this year and settling well but I have not received anything back from DBP, im starting a small claims procedure but it as to be against my landlord and not DBP, I feel they have got away with it. I wouldn't put a pet in the house I was living in, so why was I made to live like this?? Please help