Groupon getaway holidays rip off

Johnny Miller

May 12, 2014
Just so you should all know.
I booked a 7 night holiday to santorini in a 5 star hotel for £735
the first night we arrived the hotel knew nothing of our booking (fully booked), and we had to stay at another hotel after a 20 minutes taxi drive.
The next day the hotel agreed to allow us ot stay there as long as groupon provided a voucher ot us to give to the hotel so they could be paid.
The hotel could not provide us with the room stated on the groupon deal throughout the 7 days.
Groupon were pretty much useless, saying they would not provide a voucher, but confirm the booking via email. Throughout the holiday the hotel were chaisng us for confirmation as Groupon could not.
I rang groupon to ask for my money back so i could use those funds to pay the hotel directly. They said they would not and could not do this and if our hotel booking was not what we expected then we should take it up with the hotel.
They refused to get involved or give us our money back.
Avoid them like the plague

Sammy80

Mar 26, 2014
I booked and 4 night stay in room but when it came to the hotel I had booked in I was told last minute there was no availability so we had to be put up in a different hotel that instead of being 10minute train ride from Rome was actually an hour. Not as bad as your experience but frustrating all the same!