Advice regarding goods recieved in error

MattyP

Jun 9, 2014
Hi all, I wonder if someone may be able to assist with this.

Back in April, I upgraded my vodafone contract with phones4u to get the new samsung galaxy s5. All went well and my new contract started up with vodafone, however when the phone was delivered for some reason I was sent 2 instead of one. I have been in contact with phones4u to let them know I had recieved it, which they had a note of on their system (clearly sent in error). I advised I was more than happy to return it, and they agreed they would send me a prepaid bag to return the phone in. It's now been about 2 months since this and despite sending an email reminder, I still have not recieved the prepaid bag. During this time noone has been in touch to say they are still waiting on it.

I am unsure what to do, can anyone give some advice? I don't see why I should have to chase them up for their error.

Regards
Matt

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hi matt,
You certainly don't need to chase them up, you have done the moral thing by informing them of their error, which is great, you've done your part.
You can treat any unsolicited goods as an unconditional gift should they not be prepared to collect the goods or attempt to do so.
They cannot also demand payment for the goods later down the line.
In a nutshell: congratulations on your free gift from phones4u! (you can sell the handset if you so wish).
ALewis