delivery damage help

atd

Jun 18, 2014
Hi. I'm looking for some advice really and really hope someone can help me.

We moved into a council house and had laminate flooring installed. Then two weeks later a courier, arranged by pine solutions, delivered a new piece of furniture (a sideboard). In doing so they scratched the flooring in several places, chipped the beading in one place and have chipped one area where four of the laminate boards meet.

I immediately contacted pine solutions, whilst the delivery men were here and followed their advice. The delivery man signed the delivery note confirming he had damaged the floor.

However, 2 months later we are still waiting for a resolution.

I have asked that, as it was a brand new floor, the couriers pay for the damaged flooring to be replaced. But, also that they arrange someone to take the furniture out of the room and replace it after the job was done, as the contract we had on buying the sideboard was that it included delivery of the furniture to room of choice. There is no way we can move it ourselves.

All along they have not commented on this point, except this afternoon when they have decided they are not willing to arrange furniture to be moved and say they are only paying for the flooring to be replaced out of goodwill.
I have told them I will be seeking legal advice as this is not satisfactory but wanted to check with others who aren't so close to the problem please.

Sorry it's a long post, thankyou for reading.

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
If they damaged the flooring it is not 'goodwill' that they replace it. They are replacing it because they breached the contract you had with them to supply and install the sideboard.

I suppose it depends what furniture you want removing and where to? If it just 'normal' furniture and into another room then your quotes for the work should include moving it as part of the work. You would then supply the quotes to the company responsible and they should pay for it.

I would supply them with a couple of quotes and then they could either give you the cost of the quote (lowest quote) or arrange to have the work done themselves. If they do neither then small claims court it is!