Vodaphone deliberately cut off my phone

benevolent

Jun 26, 2014
Since I purchased a phone and tariff with Vodaphone last year, the phone has broken down three times. I don't have two hours to list all the things that have gone wrong with it here. I can't even call technical support because I hear, 'thank you for calling, goodbye' before they hang up on me.

Then I called today and they tell me I have a five year contract with them which is nonsense. I requested to speak to a supervisor or get a callback from one but the call centre worker refused again and again and gave no reason at all for refusing. I got very angry with her but at no stage did I swear and at no stage was I threatening.

Next thing, she says she is barring me and then hangs up the line. Later that day I find out that Vodaphone have cut my line !!!

Am I dreaming? Can they actually do this. There could have been literally several reasons why maintaining my mobile line could be a matter of life and death. Indeed my aged mother has health problems and were she to call me I would not be able to help her.

I am now cut off for 24 hours. They have treated me as if they are an all powerful god, attempting to punish someone they perceive to be an unruly customer.

Does anyone out there even know that a mobile provider has the legal right to instantaneously do this to a business customer with no warning whatsoever?

Ashley1988

May 19, 2013
London
It's the first time I hear something like this. It realy is outrageous. You should still try to get in touch with a supervisor. If you're insistent enough, they'll look at your situation more seriously. Better not by phone, if they hang up so easily, go talk with them in person. Remember the date and time of the last customer support call so they would know which agent you were talking to. It's at least what I would do. Better sort thing out with them, because if you really signed a 5 year contract, they'll probably not let you close it without a good premature closure fee. Hope you can get over this problem quickly. Good luck!