Consumer Protection Agency !!!!

Hoga

Jan 8, 2009
Be Aware of the Company "Consumer Protection Agency !!!!!!!!"
Anyone who applies will get accepted . For 500 GBP a year You can be Agency approved Plumber,Electrician or any other trade you like .

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Hoga,

I had a quick glance over this site, they do have standards for their members are you saying that these are not enforced?

Best regards,

Tony

marty

Mar 31, 2009
Tend to agree with above i applied recently did not proceed with contract because i had my suspicions. would like to hear from other tradesmen experiences, i might be wrong?

dave the trade

Apr 1, 2009
consumer protection agency

They do check you out, and their service works, better than a lot of other stuff thats out there.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I guess people reading this would want to know both and most importanly whether they get any business. The "Trading Standards Fair Trading Award" is interesting as this is a certificate for individuals I thought.

selina

Apr 5, 2009
I have to agree with Dave on this one, i am quite a sceptical person, and didnt want my husband signing up to another load of advertising or 'trade membership schemes' with no real propsepects of getting a return for our money.
we contacted them and they explained everything, most of their checks seem to be electronic, i know this as they wrote to me asking why we had a CCJ registered, it turned out id forgotten when applying and had to explain it was a unpaid parking fine! (they asked for proof just in case i was lying)

We've been with them for 5 months and have have been pleasantly surprised. The improtant thing is that they are not an advertsing servive, the work seems to come because our customer trust us, Not sure if all our new customers check us out, i know 2 have for definate, as they said they did. For the money it seems worth it. I think for hoga to say they dont check you is a bit of an insult to the good traders like us .

kris1anne

Jan 29, 2009
Thats interesting - have to say though as someone using tradespeople I dont care if you have a bad credit history or not - I care that you will do a good job and not rip me off and I would prefer to know exactly what checks you are asked to undertake. For instance, do you have to provide evidence of your qualifications and viable references. I wouldnt be interested otherwise.

selina

Apr 5, 2009
:) Yes we are a good company and we wont rip you off, they didnt do a credit check, the CCJ issue was to make sure we havent been taken to court by our customers. qualifications for builders are not mandtorie, but the guys who do the gas and electric work are, and yes they did check our references

dave the trade

Apr 1, 2009
To be honest there is no sure way of guaranteeing any builder or trader. you can do the checks, but no one can get into anyones mind.UK CPA is not a scam and it works.

torturerforfun

May 21, 2009
Dave and others who are members of the The UK Consumer Protection Agency, can you hand on heart say it is good value for money to join?

Do you get plenty of leads, are they good leads and what is your conversion rate. I ask because I'm on the verge of joining and searched them on google and came across thios forum!

Nick

torturerforfun

May 21, 2009
Hi Nick,

If I were you I would ask for a free trial for a month.

Tony
Good call Tony, I may just do that.

When first contacted I was made to feel they were something to do with the government, but that is not the case!

They claim I'll be getting £28k returns on my advertising investment, it sounds good, but somethings saying steer clear.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Yes as previously mentioned the "Trading Standards Fair Trading Award" is interesting as this is a certificate for individuals I thought - not businesses. It might be worth giving your local Trading Standards office a ring to ask if they have an offical Fair Trading scheme in your area.

dave the trade

Apr 1, 2009
In answer to you question Englands finest, i think its a good service, however if your joining it for leads your joining for the wrong reason, its a membership scheme, to show your customers your trustworthy, the amount of leads i get is variable, but i didnt join for that, i want my customers to trust me so they get me to do the work, ive won to extensions because of it, totalling 79 grand, so its paid for itself!

h20

Jun 12, 2009
marvellous!!!!

Ive used this organisation for some 3 years, thye were referred to me by a local charity group, ive found them to be most proffesional and in all my dealings they have given clear and concise information. Ive used several traders on their 'books' so to speak and been extremely happy in all areas. My son who is a surveyor, has been extremely satisfied with works carried out, including a full refurbishment which cost in the region of forty thousand pounds.
The Fair Trading Award to which Tony makes reference has been attained by individual staff, one of which i have dealt with on a regular basis. I must admit i'm a little unhappy that people make assumptions about an organisation without validating the facts, if one is unsure about anything then surley the simple thing is to ask.

I dont agree with Tony that a free trial is proof or disproof of an organisation's capabilities, i would NOT deal with a tradesmen if he was simply using an orgainisation and 'passing through'.

Keep up the good work!