Fabric Settee that ls 8 weeks old and looks terrible

Harris13

Aug 20, 2014
We brought two recliner jemima settees from furniture village nottingham the order took ten weeks was delivered on time looked just as expected
5 weeks in started to look like fabric was getting baggy causing puckering and lines on seats and arms was worried what was going to look like in a few months never mind years at six weeks so rang the help line and they arranged an authorised person to come and assess it
I m quite worried as he came today was in my home for an hour making notes and photographing he agreed there was too much fabric and on the arms you could feel the wood at your elbow I said what's your role
Said he was just sent to assess what could be done at this stage and that it did need more padding so I said fault in manufacture then he agrees
I asked what happens now ?He said he would send report I may hear in a week
And would be asked what I'd like to do
Well we got called same day and my husband was told we would be contacted to have it re filled
I rang back as thought I havnt been asked if this acceptable and if it was to be taken away so I'd have nothing to sit on
Basically I questioned this and woman on phone said no it will be done on site
Will I not get a letter to say what's being done ,
She,That would follow
The conversation was uncomfortable like I'm being difficult,
She so your refusing to have that I'll cancel it where in touch with the engineer and the manufacturer so
Me ,I told her what he had said
she said I'll investigate and his report said settling only if excessive on arms
Me do you have photos
Her yes
Me as a consumer wouldn't you say its bad no response
I chose fv because you offer good guarantee
She on on structure
Me so I won't be offered an exchange
Her no we won't be replace your settee
Were offering you this service as good will

Well you can imagine how annoyed that made me feel.

Me .I'm confused Would he say different ? From that to me Can I have 2nd opinion
Her yes if you pay£60
So conversation ended with we will contact you in week to ten days after investigating
So what do you all think . Is this normal ??.
Do I have the right to demand replacement if quality is not as expected?
And if I let them restuff it what guarantee would I end up with especially if they only did the worse parts now and not all of it ?
Isn't there a statutory time allowed to expect a replacement I mean 6 weeks is bad isn't it.
Not a happy bunny
Lynn

Harris13

Aug 20, 2014
Re settee looking bad after only 6 weeks

Has anyone else had problems with purchases from
furniture village ?
And can anyone tell me about guarantees are any of them really applied

Lynn
Notts