Right to a replacement?

jack

Jan 8, 2009
I bought a samsung Home theatre system on September 1st 2008 from Currys and only used the dvd function a couple of times before the dvds kept freezing half way through. Unfortunatley we only noticed the problem after the 28 day return policy. I took the unit back to Currys and asked for a replacement as the system was only 10 weeks old. They wouldnt replace it and sent it away to be repaired, which took a month. I was not happy about this.:mad:
And now, 4 weeks later the bloody thing makes a grinding noise!
Took it back to the shop today and they want to get it repaired again. This will probably take another 4 weeks. I demanded a replacement but they would not entertain it. Infact the shop assistant said "its only gone wrong twice" ! she couldnt see a problem :eek:
Am I within my rights to demand a replacement as this is the second separate fault on this machine considering it is only 4 months old?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Jack,

I can understand your frustration, but unfortunately retailers have to be given the opportunity to repair broken goods before they are replaced. The problem is the law doesn't actually say how many times, if it goes away for the third time then I would say that this is unreasonable and you could demand a replacement...

Sorry not what you want to hear I know

Tony

jack

Jan 8, 2009
Thanks for your reply. I wouldnt mind if the system had age and a lot of use to it. :)

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Jack,

It might be useful for others to know the make and model of the system you bought

Just a thought

Tony