ripped off by a & auto salvage

stewhammond

Oct 10, 2014
Hey dom looking for advice and a bit of help I live in Dundee, Scotland and put an ad on the internet that I needed a offside rear trailing arm for my car a company called a and c auto salvage in bolton contacted me and told me they had one off a car that was getting scrapped so I paid for it there and then ( stupid me ) They told me it would be delivred to my door either the next day or Friday at the latest ( today ) still not received the part they have taken payment of £58 from my account not only did they take the payment once they took it twice eventually after spending all day on the phone to them and my bank I got refunded £58 pounds I also asked them for a tracking number from the couriur they would be using which was yodel and all I get is "we are trying to contact them" if I dont receive the part which is already paid for and need as my 3 year old son has cancer who requires hospital treatment where do I stand and what can be done about this as they keep fobbing me off

NikWilk

Feb 10, 2016
I had a similar issue with a fan unit I purchased from an auto salvage yard in Scotland. Its difficult because of the make and age of my car, because some car parts are now obsolete meaning that salvage parts are my only option. Of course, often this means using online auto salvage dealers and salvage yards which are further afield. Best advice I feel is to always buy salvage vehicle parts from a reputable and accountabe company. And always do your research - not only on the complete specifics of your vehicle and the salvage vehicle but on the auto salvage yard too.
There is a really great auto salvage guide online from a company in Hoddeson UK for anyone who wants more information on what to look out for and what to do in these circumstances. I can pass on details if anyone wants them but dont want to break rules by posting links to any specific auto salvage business, and I'm sure you could find yourself. :D

JasonEvans

Jul 21, 2016
London UK
It is really challenging with old cars. My previous car has been such a pain. I mean I could never find cheap car parts and there was always something to break and go wrong.