builders problems what should i do

lizzy123321

Oct 18, 2014
Hello, could someone please advise me as i am having a bit of a worrying time with the builders that are here.
The flyer was posted through the letterbox and said council approved.
The 'boss' i will say, gave the quote of more than a few thousand for front and rear scaffolding, carpentry, painting etc.
Since then I have not seen him until yesterday (12 days after work started), but have spoken on phone.
He sent 2 foreign contractors, or employees not sure.
First one carpenter came for 2 days, that seemed fine.

Then came the painter, just one person over 10days, who....
Painted all the windows shut (there were comments of 'thats normal'
Then proceeded to 'bash the living daylights out of all the windows to open them, breaking 2 large windows, cracking window frames and glass everywhere in and out. I suppose he was told to sort it out himself as he went to buy new glass and fitted it (i am not convinced the glass is fitted properly)
This evening i spoke to this painter and then he left, to my horror when i went upstairs where he had been fitting the glass, an antique and my television were totally smashed - and i just saw him! - and he said nothing!!
The 'boss' said he is coming over, but apparently the painter claims the damaged antique and television happened when he went out to the shop. Funny that, as there was no one else there at the time.

So to sum up....

Window frames cracked, worried about if it will all be fixed, how will i know, there are new things i keep noticing. Is glass fitted correctly.
How can i now trust the painter in my house when he has behaved like that.

All a bit stressful!

Sorry if that was long, I just do know what to do.

Thanks.

KimE

Nov 4, 2014
Hi there, this seems like a case we could help you with, ITV are currently looking for people who would like to settle their disputes or claims in the second series of court show Judge Rinder.

If its of interest to you, please send me your number and I can explain the show in more detail over the phone. Alternatively please call me on 0161 952 0961, or contact me on kimberley.enson@itv.com

Many thanks,

Kim