dodgy furniture stores DFS read before buying from these cowboys

Nov 20, 2014
dodgy furniture stores DFS WARNING read before buying from these cowboys

Hi folks

I'm had a simlair suitation from these total cowboys sorry but that's me being nice*
I just cannot beleive in this day and age such a company can still be in business. The way they treat customers is shocking.*

I had a sofa delivered with several faults told the removal guy who wasn't even dfs he said oh they are all like that I stated take it back his reply sorry I can't just sign for it as faulty and ring dfs they will arrange pick up*
Originally I'd have been happy with a replacement however now i never want to deal with this these people. I rang them straight away to be told their repair guy needs to come out when I had told them not a chance I paid for a brand new sofa not a faulty one if I wanted ex showroom or used I'd have went to a charity shop!!!

They insisted he had to come out basically made me waste 2 weeks by the time I managed to get a manager on the phone who never returned my calls for weeks. Only to be told no its a repair and I had no other option! !*

I hung up on the guy who I will name and shame Brian and Tony Kerr from West of Scotland Tollcross store. Left several messages with Claire and Emma also*

So far only the finance company seem to be the professional ones who are dealing with my compaint now. However they tell me the 14 day cooling off period has ended and onky dfs can cancel however I stand by my claim item arrived faulty not as described and I want it uplifted and agreement cancelled. Originally I'd have asked for a replacement however their so called repair guy Martin told my wife your better getting a repair as a replacement sofa could be worse !!!!*
I will chase these cow boys for my wasted time and the inconvenience through the small claims court*

Word of warning people stay away from dfs*

I also wanted to ask the more knowledgeable folk on here am I within my rights to ask for the sofa to be returned and credit cancelled?

Any advice appreciated and if DFS are reading this don't worry I have posted everywhere not just here and on several other social media. This isn't 1990 where you can get away ripping the good public off with crap and then tell porkies. I will be handing out flyers to all your customers this week with links to all the forums so people can read for themselves before end up in the same suitation

oldoakey

Dec 14, 2013
www.jtsinteriors.co.uk
The infamous Doncater Furniture store strikes again and to think the owner was knighted for his services to retail - what a joke.

Sorry rant over but you are one of many that I read every week regarding the quality or lack of it from DFS it must be really irritating to have to deal with this company who will tie you up for months hoping that you will go away.

I would tell them in writing that you are refusing the goods as explained on delivery because of the sub standard product that they have delivered. They will try and fob you off with repairs but from what I can remember reading other forums that's the last thing you want to do. I would take legal advice and record all conversations and keep all emails etc. as it sounds as if its going to be a long haul.

I would also approach the finance company as I think they are liable too.

Good Luck

Nov 20, 2014
Quick update put complaints into both dfs under the soga and finance company under the credit consumer act. So far had a call from fianace saying dfs want to repair which I refused. To me it seems finance company are siding with these cowboys who call themselves dfs. I am now quite angry and want to take someone to the small claims.. could someone tell me if it the fianace Co or dfs I should be taking action against

Thanks

Nov 20, 2014
Seems finance company have sided with dodgy furniture stores. I still insist I rejected the 2 sofa and I shouldn't have to go through a repair. Finance company are saying to complaint to the FOS and then they will look into it again. Can someone here tell me should I do that and also report dfs to trading standards for Breaching the sales of good act?

FurnitureGeek

May 1, 2015
Hi

If joining this site has taught me anything then its not to buy from DFS, its really quite amazing that they have become such a big company (and even advertise on tv) but give such crappy customer service and furniture.

Like i said to someone else that has had problems with DFS is that you should post all of this on there social feeds (Facebook, Google+ and Twitter) because it is hard to ignore these places.

Hope that helps