Metal bed - why do sellers of same model vary re if do/don't have extra 'prop' legs?!

confusedconsumer

Jan 9, 2015
Hi,

I am interested in buying a metal bed, & have found a design we like.

I have found different sellers, selling the same bed, but one of these items has extra supports/props (in addition to the standard! 4 legs at the corners), & one doesn't! CONFUSING! :confused:

These supports/props are made of thinner metal than the 4 legs, & reach from the underside of the frame down to the floor/carpet underneath the bed.

In the case of the bed WITH supports, the extra supports are both on the right & left side of the bed frame, & in the centre. That bed also has side-lengths of the metal frame that are in 2 pieces (not 1 full length); these 2 pieces are then conjoined, with a support/prop underneath the join - and are then used to run the length of the bed; i.e. the supports are used to support the joint where the 2 halves meet.

As yet we have not heard from the manufacturer re the details of the workings/parts of the other (non-supported) style of this bed.

I'd prefer a single metal piece to run the length of the bed, even if it needed an extra leg to support the metal at that point.

So my question is, why are different sellers selling the same bed, but varying it re whether it does/doesn't have extra supports/props?

I have included two photos showing the difference between the type of support the beds offer:
{ . . . sadly, it transpires that I am NOT! yet able to post any URLs, as the forum administrative message states "To be able to post links or images your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts." So I can't post any photos or URLs - sad! :( }

Can anybody tell me the STRENGTH VARIANT between these 2 items? i.e. do the props make up for a weaker frame, or do they make the frame stronger?! Should we buy the item WITH or WITHOUT the supports/props?

All help appreciated!