Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Management Fees Are Outdated & Inadequately Identified

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Fees Relating To Flats Should Be Paid By The Flats Only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ash The Flash

Mar 18, 2015
I purchased a new home in 2006 being built by Whimpy (say no more) its a simple 2 bed mid terrace house with parking round the back in a communal car park (I do own my spaces). Firstly at no time did we know of any requirement to pay management fees and have been arguing this for 9yrs with no success.
I have pushed hard a got a response from Whimpy legal department as to why I pay these fess and what the are for as I was convinced that fees relating to the block of flats, window cleaning, gardening, door entry, insurance, bin stores etc had nothing to do with me. The management company stated all lease holders pay Hmmm! im a freeholder oh no you still have to pay they say.
Whimpy Legal Department stated as I have parking at the rear inside of the communal flats parking area I am liable for fees relating to that only at 0.36% of the cost and if there was concern over the amount to pay I would have to go through the management company. The management company deny this and continue to enforce the full amount even though its clearly confirmed im a Freeholder mid terrace and my responsibilities are the parking area only. All the info sent and sections regarding rights etc are all related to tenants and landlords. Can this really be right or legal can I be forced to pay these absurd costs that relate only to the flats as I really need help as im getting nowhere with the management company at the moment.
Why should non occupiers/tenants/owners of flats be responsible for costs not relating to them is this just a con or a serious problem that's been ignored for too long.