DFS Sofa broken in 1 day.

ad87am

Mar 24, 2015
Hi

I have taken £1600 finance out on a corner sofa from DFS, which arrived on 20 March. The delivery guys (3 of them) didn't seem to know what they were doing. Firstly they said there's a leg missing (I believe a support leg) and rang up the office and I spoke to the guy which apologised and said they will send one out within 10 days. As the guys were finishing up, they found another plastic wrapper with the support leg in. So Canceled the other leg to be sent out. Then, they were struggling clip the corner sofa together. There are 2 latches, top and bottom. The top one latches on, the bottom will not. The delivery guy said he had to ring up and get a service manager out to look at it as theres about a 1cm gap between the 2 sections of sofa and the latch. So they agreed a service manager will come out on 25 March. Upon the delivery guys leaving, I then noticed one side of the corner sofa bow's at the bottom, looked like the frame was sticking out of the bottom. I examined it closely and it looks like theres a hole for a support leg there. The frame along the bottom looks like it has snapped and is hanging down. Now as you can imagine by now I am very unhappy. I ring DFS up and tell them whats happened, and said I don't want the sofa, they can come and take it away and I don't want anything to do with DFS ever again. They said theres nothing they can do over the phone and a service manage will have to make the decision. I don't expect a brand new sofa to come with these problems. And I am told I pay £55 for delivery and installation where I want, but these guys don't seem to know how many legs this sofa even has in the first place. So the service manage calls me today, saying he will be with me tomorrow between, saying he's coming to look at the latch problem. I then mentioned one half of the sofa is broken and he said it sounds like a leg is missing and he will bring one out.
Now, I'm in 2 minds of what to do when the service manager comes out. I know he will try and "repair" the broken frame. And god knows what he will do about the 1cm gap between the latch. I am either going to ask for a full replacement of the whole sofa, or they can take it away and I will cancel my finance agreement. So roll on tomorrow and we will find out the outcome.

Adam

nothingbutepic

Oct 14, 2015
England
Many people complained about DFS. I don't know why they are poor in customer service and don't care about customers reviews. They need to improve their service quality.